elbourne Storm can seal the minor premiership this week as the NRL season heads towards its conclusion.
The Storm are four points clear with three games to play and face bottom side Gold Coast Titans on Sunday.
A win in that game and defeat for Sydney Roosters at St George Illawarra Dragons will see Melbourne clinch top spot, while third-placed Canberra Raiders take on fourth-placed Manly Sea Eagles in a crucial clash between two teams out to ensure they cannot be eliminated in the first round of the Finals.
Here we look at the best Opta facts for this round of fixtures.
Parramatta Eels (13-8) v Canterbury Bulldogs (8-13)
– The Bulldogs have made the most offloads (287) of any NRL team this year, 21 more than the Eels (266).
– Mitchell Moses has made the most try assists (20) of any half-back this season.
North Queensland Cowboys (7-14) v Penrith Panthers (10-11)
– The Panthers have retained the most kicks (145) of any team, 29 more than the Cowboys (116).
– Michael Morgan has had six try involvements (two tries, four assists) from his last four NRL matches against the Panthers.
Brisbane Broncos (10-1-10) v South Sydney Rabbitohs (13-8)
– The Broncos have made the most tackle breaks (822) of any team this season, 146 more than the Rabbitohs (676).
– South Sydney are one of two teams – along with the Storm – to have more than one player inside the top 13 for try assists this season (Damien Cook on 22 and Cody Walker on 14).
Jimmy the Jet’s stats since his return to Redfern…
— South Sydney Rabbitohs (@SSFCRABBITOHS) August 21, 2019
Cronulla Sharks (10-11) v New Zealand Warriors (8-1-12)
– Six of the last seven NRL games between Cronulla and the Warriors have been decided by a margin of four points or fewer, including a 19-18 win for the New Zealanders in their last meeting.
– The Sharks have won six of their last eight NRL matches on home soil (L2), despite leading at half-time only three times in that span.
Wests Tigers (9-12) v Newcastle Knights (9-12)
– The Knights have scored 37 tries through the middle-third of the field, only the Storm (45) have got more through that corridor this term.
– Luke Brooks has had eight try involvements (three tries, five assists) from his last six NRL matches against the Knights.
St George Illawarra Dragons (7-14) v Sydney Roosters (15-6)
– The Dragons have made the most tackles per game (369) of any team in NRL this year, 30 more than the Roosters (339).
– The Roosters’ trio of James Tedesco (11), Latrell Mitchell (8) and Victor Radley (7) have made the most supported breaks of all players this season.
— NRL (@NRL) August 20, 2019
Melbourne Storm (17-4) v Gold Coast Titans (4-17)
– The Titans have scored the joint-most tries (five, also Manly Sea Eagles) on the zero tackle in a set of any NRL team in 2019.
– Cameron Munster has had 10 try involvements (six tries, four assists) from his six NRL matches against the Titans.
Canberra Raiders (14-7) v Manly Sea Eagles (13-8)
– The Raiders have scored the joint-most tries (21, also the Roosters) in the first 20 minutes of matches of any team this season.
– Daly Cherry-Evans has had 12 try involvements (five tries, seven assists) from his last eight NRL matches against Canberra.