Real Madrid look set to finally land a midfielder before the transfer window closes.
The LaLiga giants have been linked to numerous midfielders and, after a slow start to the season, they may make a signing ahead of the window shutting on Monday.
Madrid are reportedly close to strengthening their squad by completing a move for Sporting CP star Bruno Fernandes.
TOP STORY – REAL MADRID CLOSE TO SEALING FERNANDES DEAL
Real Madrid have almost completed a deal for Fernandes, according to ESPN.
The Portugal international, 24, was linked to Manchester United and Tottenham earlier in the window.
Now, the Sporting captain looks set for Madrid, who have reportedly targeted United’s Paul Pogba, Spurs’ Christian Eriksen and Ajax’s Donny van de Beek during the close season.
It comes just days after Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade said Fernandes was heading to Madrid for €70million.
– The Neymar saga will finally end – for now – with the Paris Saint-Germain star staying with the Ligue 1 champions. L’Equipe reports the Brazil international will remain with PSG, while Sport reports Barcelona will resume their pursuit of Neymar in 2020.
— Diario SPORT (@sport) September 1, 2019
– That could mean a few more eyes on Mauro Icardi on Monday. PSG are in talks with Inter over a potential loan deal for the forward, according to RMC Sport and Gianluca Di Marzio.
– Pogba may still be hoping to eventually get his move to Real Madrid. The Mirror reports the France international will resist signing a new deal with Premier League giants Manchester United, with his current contract running until 2021, although the club have an option to extend that by a year.
— Mirror Football (@MirrorFootball) September 1, 2019
– Javier Hernandez should get a deadline-day move from West Ham. The Premier League club have agreed to sell the forward to Sevilla for close to €8.9m (£8m), according to Sky Sports News.
– Henrikh Mkhitaryan came off the bench during Arsenal’s draw against Tottenham on Sunday and he could be on his way out of the Emirates Stadium a day later. Roma are pressing hard to sign the midfielder on loan with an option to buy, according to Gianluca Di Marzio.
– Phil Foden may have to wait for his chances at Manchester City, but the Premier League champions are keen to keep the teenage midfielder in their squad. The Sun reports City rejected loan bids from Rangers and Roma for the England youth international.