Arsenal star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s future has dominated headlines.
With Aubameyang due to become a free agent in 2021, Arsenal have been desperate to re-sign the Gabon international.
Now, it looks like the 31-year-old will remain at Emirates Stadium for an extended period.
TOP STORY – AUBAMEYANG TO SIGN NEW DEAL
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is close to signing a new three-year contract with Arsenal, according to The Telegraph.
Aubameyang’s current deal is due to expire next year and the Arsenal star has been linked to LaLiga giants Barcelona, as well as Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain and Inter.
But Aubameyang is set to sign a deal that will run until 2023, a two-year extension.
— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) August 6, 2020
– Journalist Fabrizio Romano claims it is only a matter of time before Willian signs a contract with Arsenal until 2023. Chelsea midfielder Willian is free to talk to clubs as his deal at Stamford Bridge expires. The Gunners are also eyeing Thomas Partey but Atletico Madrid insist the midfielder will not leave unless his £45million (€50m) release clause is paid.
– Paul Pogba is happy at Manchester United and is ready to sign a new contract, reports Romano. Pogba has been previously linked to former club Juventus and LaLiga champions Real Madrid.
– Staying at Old Trafford, and The Guardian claims United will listen to offers for Jesse Lingard as they try to prise Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. United and Dortmund are still negotiating a transfer for Sancho, according to widespread reports.
– Edinson Cavani could be poised to join Brazilian outfit Atletico Mineiro, reports Globo Esporte. The 33-year-old Uruguay international is a free agent after leaving PSG. Cavani has been linked to Portuguese giants Benfica, newly promoted Premier League team Leeds United, MLS outfit Inter Miami, Atletico and Inter.
Willian approved also by Arteta. Just a matter of time and he’ll until 2023 – confirmed.
Thomas: Atlético told again… release clause (€50M) or he’ll stay.
Aubameyang contract extension: Arsenal are “confident”, if Barça will not come back for Auba he’s going to stay. #AFC
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 7, 2020
– Everton are interested in signing Atletico’s Thomas Lemar, says Le10Sport. Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton are also hoping to bring United full-back Diego Dalot to Goodison Park, reports The Mirror.
– According to The Athletic, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg is set to join Tottenham from Southampton. Spurs will pay £19m for the former Bayern Munich midfielder.
– Liverpool will have to pay close to £20m for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis after the Premier League champions had a £10m offer rejected, says The Guardian.
– David Silva looks set to move to Lazio. According to Sky Sport Italia, the Manchester City midfielder – a free agent – will swap the Premier League for Serie A following the club’s Champions League campaign.