Is Zinedine Zidane’s second spell in charge of Real Madrid coming to an end?
Zidane guided Madrid to three successive Champions League titles in his first stint, and last season’s LaLiga crown after returning to the Santiago Bernabeu in 2019.
But the Los Blancos great is under mounting pressure amid the club’s struggles this season.
TOP STORY – ZIDANE IN DANGER
Mauricio Pochettino and Raul are waiting in the wings to replace Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid, according to widespread reports in Spain.
Madrid head coach Zidane is in danger of losing his job following Tuesday’s Champions League loss to Shakhtar Donetsk.
Los Blancos have suffered back-to-back defeats and three in their past five outings across all competitions to be seven points adrift in LaLiga and on the cusp of Champions League elimination.
Thursday’s Mundo Deportivo, Diario AS and Sport report former Tottenham boss Pochettino and Madrid Castilla coach Raul are eyeing the hot seat.
‘Pleno al 15’
— Mundo Deportivo (@mundodeportivo) December 3, 2020
– Calciomercato claims the race to sign Rennes and France sensation Eduardo Camavinga is down to Madrid and Manchester United. Serie A champions Juventus had also been linked, though there has been talk of Paul Pogba returning to Turin after leaving for Old Trafford in 2016.
– Bayern Munich star David Alaba is hoping to strike a January agreement with Chelsea, according to Fabrizio Romano’s ‘Here We Go Podcast’. Alaba is a free agent at the end of the season and he has been linked to the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.
– Juventus have shown an interest in Barcelona centre-back Samuel Umtiti, according to Calciomercato. Arsenal’s Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Fiorentina defender Nikola Milenkovic are also on the shortlist.
– Madrid are eyeing Benfica forward Darwin Nunez, reports Calciomercato. The Uruguay international has also caught the attention of LaLiga rivals Barca.
– What does the future hold for Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland? Heavily linked to United, Madrid, Liverpool, PSG and even Barca, Calciomercato says Juve are monitoring the Norwegian closely.